In our bookcases, these are the largest non-reference books:
By "biggest," we're not looking for number of words. We're looking for weight. Heft. Something you'd drop on invaders while defending a castle.
- Name your three biggest non-reference books (excluding the Bible and text books).
- Name your three biggest reference books.
- Tag three others.
- William Shakespeare: The Complete Works (The Oxford Shakespeare) (Hardcover)
by William Shakespeare, Stanley Wells (Editor), Gary Taylor (Editor), John Jowet (Editor), William Montgomery (Editor)
- The Mediterranean and the Mediterranean World in the Age of Philip II
by Fernand Braudel, single volume abridgement. (Mrs. Thumos's Ph.D. thesis ties for third, as does Mortimer Adler's Great Ideas).
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics
- History of Italian Renaissance Art
by Frederick Hartt, et al.
- Collegeville Bible Commentary, Hardcover