Monday, January 14, 2013

Review: The Holy Bible: Revised Standard Version


The Holy Bible: Revised Standard Version
The Holy Bible: Revised Standard Version by Anonymous

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



The Revised Standard Version is an excellent translation. It combines the classic structures of the King James Version, phrases and elements that have become part of the fabric of our lives and history, with a modern clarity, and removes archaisms. I set out to read through it in one year, and it's not far off to say that it's been life-changing for me. A small example -- until going through it in its totality, I didn't really have a feeling for the prophetic voice. What's more, it's kind of addicting. I've made scripture a habit now, and this was a solid edition to start with.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Goodreads Feed